One Pan Christmas Dinner!!
Having friends or family over this Christmas Season? Save on washing up with this great method!
PREP TIME:0 hours 30 mins
TOTAL TIME:2 hours 55 mins
6 tbsp. butter, at room temp.
4 cloves garlic, crushed with press
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 (2-lb.) turkey-breast halves, deboned
1 lb. medium shallots, halved lengthwise (left in their skins)
1 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. small purple potatoes (about 8), scrubbed and halved lengthwise
12 oz. small parsnips (about 4), trimmed, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
1 lb. small thin carrots (about 12), trimmed and scrubbed
- Heat oven to 425°F. With vegetable peeler, remove 6 strips lemon zest, avoiding white pith; thinly slice crosswise. In small bowl, combine butter, garlic, mustard, lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside.
- Remove skin from turkey-breast halves and set aside. Rub butter mixture all over turkey breasts. Place one breast half on top of the other, arranging so 1 thick side and 1 thin side are sandwiched together. Wrap breasts in skin and tie with butcher’s twine to form log shape.
- On large rimmed baking sheet, toss shallots with oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Arrange them in center of sheet and place turkey on top. Roast 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer turkey to cutting board. Add potatoes, carrots and parsnips to baking sheet and toss with shallots and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; arrange in even layer. Place turkey on top of vegetables and roast until turkey registers 165°F on instant-read thermometer and vegetables are golden brown and tender, 35 to 45 minutes more (remove vegetables that are done before turkey).
- Transfer turkey to clean cutting board and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with pan juices and vegetables.
Nutrition info (per serving): About 535 calories, 48g protein, 30g carbohydrates, 24g fat (9g saturated), 6g fibre, 560mg sodium.
(Source: Good Housekeeping)Categories: All Articles / Nutrition
February 21st, 2020 Why Physiotherapy is essential to training injury free – by New DP Ambassador Sam Barley! October 18th, 2019 Check out our great Run Prep Package!!! September 25th, 2019 Christmas is coming again!! Have you bought your presents yet? August 6th, 2019 Client Corner! A Tale of DC Client Camaraderie by client Anna Troup! July 6th, 2019 DC Client James in the 3 week countdown to Ironman Hamburg!