Winter warming pearl barley, bacon & leek casserole
(Picture source: BBC Good Food)
With the winter in full swing and the nights drawing in, it’s definitely the time for those warming recipes – try this one this weekend!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300g pearl barley
- 4 carrots, cubed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, plus extra to serve
- 1l chicken stock
- 300g Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 200g lean bacon joint, cooked, chopped into small pieces
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil and cook the leeks for a few mins, then add the garlic and cook for just 1 min more.
- Add the pearl barley, carrots and mustard, then pour over the chicken stock. Season with plenty of ground black pepper and simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the cabbage with the bacon, and cook for 5-10 mins until cabbage is wilted and tender. Serve with extra Dijon mustard on the side and enjoy!!!
(Source: BBC Good Food)
February 21st, 2020 Why Physiotherapy is essential to training injury free – by New DP Ambassador Sam Barley! October 18th, 2019 Check out our great Run Prep Package!!! September 25th, 2019 Christmas is coming again!! Have you bought your presents yet? August 6th, 2019 Client Corner! A Tale of DC Client Camaraderie by client Anna Troup! July 6th, 2019 DC Client James in the 3 week countdown to Ironman Hamburg!